Recently, I had a conversation with an old friend who was getting ready to change jobs. He told me that it had been so long since he had interviewed that he was afraid he would not know what to do. To me, one of the hardest things to do is to prepare a few solid questions that give you the insights you need into the job that soon may be yours to take. Most folks spend too much time asking questions about the company and not about the job. So here are five fall back questions that anyone can use.
1) What is the number one priority for this job to be accomplished in the fist 90 days?
2) What do you consider the five most important day to day activities of this job?
3) What is unique about how this company operates on a day to day basis with respect to this role?
4) What are some examples of great work done by previous employees in this role?
5) What is the single greatest challenge facing this role and this organization right now?